Thursday, March 5, 2009

I laugh everyday being his mother

We bought Peyton the movie WALLE this week, and so far we've watched it 204,132 and a 1/2 times. Seriously. I have it memorized. Yet Peyton still laughs every time, and still tells me "look mom!" at all the parts he thinks are cool. Peyton is also on a kick this week of only loving mommy. Every time Mark tries to help Peyton with something he says "no dad, only mommy, because I only love mommy" Hey Peyton, do you love daddy? "nope, only mommy..." Mark isn't sad though, because last week it was "only daddy", and sometimes it's "only Grammy" or only "whoever has candy..."

In other news, Peyton now eats pretend food. Not real food, pretend.
Me: "Peyton, are you hungry? would you like a sandwich?"
Peyton: "nope, I just ate lunch in my room, I had bread and juice and ice cream!"
Me: "no Peyton, there really isn't food in your room, come eat lunch with mom."
Peyton: "nope, I'm full."

This goes on all day, until I actually find a loaf of bread under Peyton's bed. I swear I watch him all the time, I do, really. how?? what?? huh??

I laugh everyday being his mother.

Peyton has also started calling Ryker "little buddy" it is so cute! I don't know where he got it from. I'll have to try to get it on video, it is so funny. Peyton will go up to Ryker and say "Hey, little buddy. How ya doing?" "Mom, I think my little buddy needs his binky."

Also, when Ryker starts to cry Peyton gets right in his face, but very calmly and nicely says" "you stop your crying, just stop. Don't cry."
Wonder where he got that one?!?!

Today I came downstairs after checking on Ryker, and Peyton was sitting on the couch with the whole bag of marshmellows and a huge grin on his face. (ok, maybe I don't watch my pantry that closely...) So I gave him a few marshmellows and put the rest away, and when I turned back, he was lining the back of the couch with the marshmellows. When I asked what he was doing, Peyton replied: "I'm making snowmen!"

2 comments:

Callie said...

He is so cute, I love how he calls Ryker his little buddy. He's getting so big.

Heather B said...

Okay, okay. If I have a boy like yours, then I will be alright. So dang cute!