Alright... I was tagged by Heather to tell some honest scrap about myself. Here's the rules:
1. List 10 honest things about yourself--and make it interesting even if you have to dig deep.
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap...
So here goes...
1. I wasn't always a clean person like I am now. My parents can testify that I was a messy, messy child. my dad used to tell me he was going to clean my room with a shovel! He said he needed a shovel to pick up all my crap and shovel it right into the trash! But low and behold, when I moved out and got my own place I became freakishly clean, like everything had to have a perfect place and all clothes had to be neatly folded! Yet for some odd reason when I moved back in with my parents for a short while, I immediately regressed back into a messy person! My parents couldn't believe it! They had seen me be clean! And when Mark and I got married I magically became clean again.... (something about it being my place?? I don't know...)
2. So we have established I like things clean. But I hate cleaning! I despise scrubbing toilets and the shower! (gross!) Yet, here's the secret, I secretly love doing the dishes and the laundry! (it's a good thing since I do a lot of these things!) I think I love running water and the simple task of keeping the household running. It makes me really happy when the kitchen is clean and the dishes are done. (I think I get this from my dad, who is always doing the dishes with a :) face!)
3. I complain a lot about my husband's habit of leaving things all over the place. (his car.... oh, dear. you need a tetnus shot just to get in...) He leaves t-shirts in the office, socks under the couch, ect. But again, here is the secret, (and don't tell Mark this...) I love it! It is so endearing that he is so carefree, and a part of me loves that I have to "take care" of him. I silently shake my head each morning when I find an empty milk glass on top of the TV or a belt thrown over the computer, but it makes me really happy that my sweet husband is relaxed and messy.
4. I took 8 years of Piano lessons and 3 years of violin lessons, yet I can't play a thing! I wouldn't even know where to place my fingers on a violin! (how sad is that! I wasted all my parent's money!)
5. I am an avid reader. I love to read, always have. And I prefer reading to watching TV. (before kid # 2, back when I had time...) I would read an average of 2-3 books a week! And I can read really fast. About 3 pages a minute, or an entire book in a few hours.
6. I love all my In-laws, and I mean love, and I mean all! My brothers married amazing women that I love like sisters! And my husband's family is AMAZING! Mark's parents are like my parents. Most people have horror stories of crazy family members and overbearing in-laws. I, however, have the perfect family and I know I am very lucky! I am also turning into my mother as I get older, which I am actually happy about, because I think my mother is amazingly smart and beautiful, and she makes me laugh every time I talk to her.
7. I love ketchup, marinara sauce, salsa, ect... but I hate tomatoes and will silently pick them out of my salads and off my food, but I will slurp up chips and salsa, and dip breasticks into tomato suace and fries into ketchup.
8. I do all of my shopping on-line, and am a firm believer that you can "google" and find ANYTHING! And I love that things are delivered right to my door. I am always excited to see the UPS man. I am verry proud that this year at Christmas (me being very preggers) I didn't set foot inside a store. I did ALL of my shopping on-line and had a very stress free holiday shopping experience!
9. I really miss making out! Back when I dated, I couln't get enough of kissing, ooh la la! And I couldn't get enough of my manly man Marky! But now that we are married with 2 kids, it's like- whew! the kids are asleep do you wanna.... zzzzzzz.... and I'm out cold. Sometimes I wish mark and I could go park the car somewhere and just make out, but I don't think the 2 kids in the back seat would think that was appropriate!
10. Sometimes it is a big releif to go to work! I like having a day off from the kids, and I really love my job. I really love poking people with needles, it's rather fun. Whenever I get to start an IV or give a shot (multiple times durring a shift) I get silently happy because I think it's really fun. And I actually like blood and guts (good for a labor and delivery nurse...) it is always exciting to deliver a baby or do a c-section (surgery is soooo cool, the inside of the human body is so amazing! and to pull a little human body out from a big human body is just CRAZY! Just don't puke on me, ugh! Bleed on me, that's just fine. But if you puke on me, I will puke on you!
So, do you feel like you know more about me than you ever wanted to??
These 10 things are as honest as it gets!
So here are the 7 people who I am tagging!
Melissa Cook, Callie Anderson, Cresta Matern, Staci Gee, Kris Hacker, Toni Mitchell, Emily Murray
Good luck!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
HAHA, number 9 made me laugh. Isn't that the truth!! Sad that you don't remember any violin. I was always so jealous of you that you got to take violin lessons. I thought it was so cool!
You are my favorite person this is you to a tee... #9 I couldn't have said it better myself and I only have 1 child:)
Post a Comment