Quite a fun day if I do say so myself!
1st swimming in the backyard-- now when I was little it was: running through the sprinklers- or - a round plastic tub- occasionally you could fine a slide, and THAT was the coolest thing EVER! Nowadays kids are so spoiled, and they don't even know it! Check out this $40 pool from Target!! Although the kids did have more fun in the giant bubble bath with all the toys after swimming, than the actual swimming itself...
Then because Mark wont give me a daughter I played pretend with Hayley. Hair and nails! She even got flowers!
Peyton felt a little left out because he CANNOT have purple flower nails... So we had to paint something! It's a good thing I have a giant closet full of craft crap! Because I found some picture frames and we had a blast painting and decorating them! Hayley couldn't wait for a picture of herself to place in the frame- so she is a "live" photo!
1st swimming in the backyard-- now when I was little it was: running through the sprinklers- or - a round plastic tub- occasionally you could fine a slide, and THAT was the coolest thing EVER! Nowadays kids are so spoiled, and they don't even know it! Check out this $40 pool from Target!! Although the kids did have more fun in the giant bubble bath with all the toys after swimming, than the actual swimming itself...
Then because Mark wont give me a daughter I played pretend with Hayley. Hair and nails! She even got flowers!
Peyton felt a little left out because he CANNOT have purple flower nails... So we had to paint something! It's a good thing I have a giant closet full of craft crap! Because I found some picture frames and we had a blast painting and decorating them! Hayley couldn't wait for a picture of herself to place in the frame- so she is a "live" photo!
I love this age!! And I love the fact that I didn't have to cram my (yes I had 2 babies, I have love handles...) body into a swimsuit for all to see at a public swimming pool! I also love that Peyton is so exhausted from all the fun, that he WILLINGLY took a nap!
I truly did let them decorate the frames, and only glued on the buttons and stuff where they placed them, and helped them put the letters in the right order of their names, so I think it's a true testament to genetics that Peyton placed his buttons symmetrically on either side of the stickers and painted without getting any on himself- (even though I took his shirt off, just in case.)
I truly did let them decorate the frames, and only glued on the buttons and stuff where they placed them, and helped them put the letters in the right order of their names, so I think it's a true testament to genetics that Peyton placed his buttons symmetrically on either side of the stickers and painted without getting any on himself- (even though I took his shirt off, just in case.)






2 comments:
Kim you are totally amazing. Not only do you make every day completely entertaining for your children and niece but you find time to write a fantastic novel about the day. Reading your blog makes me laugh and so happy that Mark married you. You are great!!!!!!
Looks like so much more fun than the day in part 1!! The frames are darling! (day = plus 1,000,000)! You are the best!
Post a Comment