I am loving summer preschool and so is Peyton!
We talked up preschool for a few days, and Tuesday Peyton was so excited to go, however, when he arrived, he looked around, then looked at Mark and said- "Dad, I don't want to be here, I want to go to preschool..." "Um, kiddo- this IS preschool..."
There were a few tears at first, but he was happy when Mark picked him up to go home.
We talked up preschool for a few days, and Tuesday Peyton was so excited to go, however, when he arrived, he looked around, then looked at Mark and said- "Dad, I don't want to be here, I want to go to preschool..." "Um, kiddo- this IS preschool..."
There were a few tears at first, but he was happy when Mark picked him up to go home.
Then today, Peyton woke me up at the crack of dawn... (8 am- I know, it's not really that early, but it is...) he said "Mom! I have to get in the bath so I can go to preschool today!"
I think he really just loves to wear his backpack!
I am impressed that he understands the concept of time, and that we will go to preschool again next week!
Anyway, It's totally worth the $ for all the fun he is having, and I am loving the 2 hours with just Ryker. Aaaah...
Today at preschool was all about bugs! So fun! Peyton made a bug hat and a bug out of a plate that immediately went on the fridge when we got home! (because there is no place of higher honor than the fridge...)
He also caught rolly polly bugs that he is fascinated with, on the way home, he kept shaking the container and I told him he needed to stop because he was going to give the bugs a headache; and now all he talks about is that his bugs have a headache... "Be quiet mom, my bugs have a headache!"
Speaking of rolly polly bugs... Ryker now rolls throughout the house! We are officially in the "mobile" stage.
So I am really feeling like my babies are growing up today!



5 comments:
Oh, that is so cute!!! You are so creative. I love reading your blog.
That is awesome, gives him something to look forward to this summer and it gives you a break. I should've thought of summer school for Kenna, she is a had full.
Oh my gosh, I can't believe how much both your boys look like you!! I love it. How fun that he's in preschool!
The sad thing is....they are growing up! They do it in the blink of an eye! On the other hand, grandkids sure are great &, you can't get to that stage unless your babies grow up! They sure are cute!!!!
I need to find summer pre-school in Denver! j/k!
Post a Comment