Thursday, May 7, 2009

Goodbye terrible 2's! Peyton turns 3!

Happy Birthday Peyton!
Peyton is into all things boy, but especially dinosaurs. All he wanted was a T-Rex cake, so Ta-Da! I am super proud of myself, but it was actually pretty easy, it's just a box cake mix, with crumbled Oreo cookies, and baked sugar cookies on top!



My ever spunky niece Hayley
Peyton loves his cousin/friends so much, he was so excited to sit with them on the grass!
Mark really was happy, he just wanted to finally eat something after grilling (30 +) meals for everyone else! Delish babe!
As a side note, so many people wanted the easy grilled chicken recipie so here it is:

7-up Chicken:

2 cups 7-up
1 cup Soy sauce
1/2 cup olive or veg oil
1 minced clove garlic
salt

Marinate chicken in covered bowl of sauce overnight ( > 8 hours )
Grill


Peyton thought it was so cool that he was the center of attention, and that everyone sang to him. His special request bedtime song later that night was- you guessed it- the happy birthday song! Forget twinkle twinkle- I want more birthday!
Friend Carson was so excited to finally get to eat the dinosaur bones! Peyton and Carson didn't even want any cake, they just wanted to eat the dinosaur! (As a side note, Melissa-Freakin-Shanley, I love you so much! Thanks for all the help last night! And for taking all these amazing pictures everyone is now viewing, while I played hostess!)

Brother Rob and nephew Caleb, so happy to be at the party
Pinata time! I took Peyton to Toys-R-Us and told him he could pick any present he wanted... "A pinata!"
Well, what my baby wants, my baby gets!
I have a gazillion pictures of every kid at the party taking a whack at this soccer ball, but for sanity sake, (as this post is already ridiculously long...) I will only post the ones of Peyton!
I am rather serious about breaking this pinata, while Peyton just wants to have a good time!
Finally, with help from "Big-O-Sarous-Rex" (Dad), the pinata is cracked!

Happy Birthday you crazy kiddo! And thank you heavens! that the terrible 2's are over! This kid exhausts me! And thank you baby for FINALLY becoming potty trained! It's all blue skies and sunshine from here on out.... Right???


Tucking Peyton into bed after the party:
Me: "Peyton, mom is soooo tired, can I just lay here and sleep with you?"
Peyton: (very seriously-) "No mom, you're a big girl, and big girls sleep in there own bed."

Peyton: "Mom, I think we need to have another party tomorrow... It can be Ryker's birthday!"

Peyton: "mom, I think dad is a Big-O-Sarous-Rex! Watch out, or he'll get you!"
Me: "Oh no! Well, what kind of dinosaur is mom?"
Petyon: "You're not a dinosaur mom- you're a mom!"

Ryker sneezes.
Peyton: "Mom, I think Ryker "blessed you"!"


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Murray Family said...

Aw, glad he had such a fun birthday! YOu threw a great party!

Heather B said...

Thanks for inviting us to the festivities, even with all our spunkiness! What a fun party!

Also, as a disclaimer to all the readers, the fat lady behind the soccer-ball-pinata-action-shot has an excuse. She isn't actually just fat, but six months pregnant. (That'd be me.)

Unknown said...

That cake is absolutely fabulous!!! Way to go! And please tell me that you didn't MAKE those cards...they are perfectly adorable! Kimberly P.