Saturday, May 23, 2009

Love, marriage, and then kids

It's no small secret, that I love my husband, I really adore the man... but lately I've been getting a lot more action from my kids than my spouse...

Peyton tells me multiple times throughout the day that he loves me. He has also learned to tell me I'm pretty...
Mark is usually busy at work.

Peyton holds my hand everywhere we go, and when he looks at me, it is with pure adoration -like I am the most amazing woman in the world. (He hasn't met many women yet, and I do control the TV, fix the meals, and kiss the owies away...)
Mark is usually holding Ryker while I am holding Peyton's hand everywhere we go- and when we are on a date without the kids... still no hand holding.

Peyton gives me hugs and kisses every night, and begs me to stay by him and/or sleep in his bed.
Mark is unconscious by the time I have brushed my teeth.

Mark and I sleep on polar opposites of the bed- needless to say- no cuddling.
BUT, by the time I wake up in the morning, Mark is gone and Peyton is snuggled up on one side of me, while Ryker is curled up on the other.

Ryker breastfeeds like 6 times a day...
Mark hasn't seen the twins (without Ryker attatched...) In months!

I often attack my children with outrageous amounts of hugs and kisses and see there cute little bums for diaper changes, and potty time throughout the day.
When I try to attack Mark with hugs and kisses or sneak a little butt squeeze... he jumps back and looks at me like I'm crazy!

And the phrases "who's your daddy?" and "hot mama" really aren't kinky references anymore, but simply statements like "where the *** is your daddy?" and "mom is having another hot flash..."

Aaaah... Love, marriage, and then kids...
Romance is dead.

3 comments:

Heather B said...

That's it. I'm taking your kids while you guys go on a date.

Hand holding and kissing are not optional.

Bockholt said...

Thanks. I laughted my head off.

MATERN FAMILY said...

Kim you crack me up! And believe me when I say You are NOT alone :)