Friday, May 15, 2009

Kimi's crafty moment...




Those who know my personality best (oddly sarcastic and pessimistic) would agree that it is odd I craft. I really enjoy crafting- not to be mistaken with scrap booking -(there are simply too many pictures and too little time...) but good old fashioned Martha Stewart: sewing, cross stitch, decoupage, ect...

Crazy right??

So here is my latest (yes Mark is gone again tonight...) project! Button flowers! Freaking cute huh? But don't go thinking I'm all fabulous yet..

I once worked for 6 whole hours of my life I will never get back-- on a hand stitched, wash cloth, yellow bath duck, made from sponges and wash cloths that Martha Stewart online (I'm too cheap to buy the magazines, I either steal them from doctors offices, or go online...) assured me was easy and cute! Oh no! No! No! Like I said, 6 hours of my life I will NEVER get back! This thing turned out entirely retarded and un-duck-like!

I have also been known to mess up quite frequently. Just last week I was trying to decoupage the letters F A M I L Y (thought this would be cute- oh dear!) and ended up making 3 trips to Robert's Crafts, and 1 unsuccessful trip to Michaels for wood letters, and supplies; spent another few hours of my life I will never get back... And then ended up throwing the whole thing in the trash because it was dreadful (and I mean really dreadful.)

So, needless, to say: I am very proud of the Birthday cake, and these little button flowers!

It's no wonder my laundry is never done, and I am always telling people "I simply don't have the time..." I really do have the time; I'm just wasting it!


P.S. Mom- I stole the buttons from your sewing drawer. They have amazingly come back into style from the 70's, and I know you wont miss them!!!! :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Murray Family said...

Look at you, Miss Crafty! Those look so cute.