The yearly tradition continues... This year with 6 of the 7 grand kids-whew! Lots and lots of work, but worth it!
The first collage is Big Springs, and feeding the GIANT fish! Beautiful! Great weather too. Just like every year, we see moose, Peyton was thrilled to pose for a picture with her.
The first collage is Big Springs, and feeding the GIANT fish! Beautiful! Great weather too. Just like every year, we see moose, Peyton was thrilled to pose for a picture with her.
Yellowstone fun! Top left is the kids waiting for Old Faithful, and finally the eruption... Ta Da! Worth the wait kids??? I don't know... but we got ice cream after, so that was good! I should mention that Peyton and Hayley are inseparable, and even after the 5 hour car ride home today, still wanted to play together! When asked what their favorite part of the trip was?? Watching movies in the car on the drive up.... Yup, really! I should also mention, It was my birthday on Yellowstone day- I celebrated by giving Ryker a bath in a bucket in the kitchen sink! Quite redneck, Oh, but he loved it! And he got clean! Then as soon as we fell asleep in our sleeping bag together... he peed on me! Thanks for the Birthday present Ry! Just what I wanted!
This collage is the scenic hike at Yellowstone. 2 miles, with 6 kids under 3. Need I repeat that?? 2 miles-- with 6 kids under 3! Peyton learned to pee in the woods, again very redneck, but oh, he loved it! I learned I'm out of shape, Peyton also fell 3 times, and learned to "watch where you're going!!" Mark learned Ryker is heavy, and again, I learned that- yes- Peyton will pick his nose in what would have been a great photo of us overlooking Yellowstone Lake!
Just outside the cabin is Moose Creek, my favorite childhood spot! Did you know I have 4 brothers, and 2 sons of my own. My oldest brother has 3 sons, and my next brother has the ONLY girl, Hayley (I feel for her, I really do. But she holds her own- don't worry) and 1 (new) son. So we have A LOT of boys! I think that this trip will continue on forever and become everyone's favorite, just like my own.
Lots of trout, and this time of year spawning Salmon. Lots of frogs and fun! And, no one fell in this year- close- but no one fell in!
So that is it. There were a few tears (OK- a lot of tears- 6 kids under 3.) A few "Bachman breaks" taken by Mark :) . Some scraped knees, 1 sliver in a little hand, 1 box of cheese crackers ground into my back seat, 1 (32) ounce diet Dr pepper spilled (by me) on the middle seat. 1 sleeping bag full of pee. 6 headaches, 1 bottle of Motrin, 1 moose, 1 night terror (are you serious!! Now Peyton! It's 1 AM and there is a cabin FULL of people....) 1 plastic cup thrown into the river which Rob Jr. enthusiasticly waded/swam into 30 degree water to retrieve-(Bachman's don't litter people!) 6 little dirty smiling faces, and 6 exhuasted adults!
But, again, no one fell into the creek, no one fell into the fire. We all made it home alive (barely). And now I have 100 loads of dirty laundry!
Just outside the cabin is Moose Creek, my favorite childhood spot! Did you know I have 4 brothers, and 2 sons of my own. My oldest brother has 3 sons, and my next brother has the ONLY girl, Hayley (I feel for her, I really do. But she holds her own- don't worry) and 1 (new) son. So we have A LOT of boys! I think that this trip will continue on forever and become everyone's favorite, just like my own.
Lots of trout, and this time of year spawning Salmon. Lots of frogs and fun! And, no one fell in this year- close- but no one fell in!
So that is it. There were a few tears (OK- a lot of tears- 6 kids under 3.) A few "Bachman breaks" taken by Mark :) . Some scraped knees, 1 sliver in a little hand, 1 box of cheese crackers ground into my back seat, 1 (32) ounce diet Dr pepper spilled (by me) on the middle seat. 1 sleeping bag full of pee. 6 headaches, 1 bottle of Motrin, 1 moose, 1 night terror (are you serious!! Now Peyton! It's 1 AM and there is a cabin FULL of people....) 1 plastic cup thrown into the river which Rob Jr. enthusiasticly waded/swam into 30 degree water to retrieve-(Bachman's don't litter people!) 6 little dirty smiling faces, and 6 exhuasted adults!
But, again, no one fell into the creek, no one fell into the fire. We all made it home alive (barely). And now I have 100 loads of dirty laundry!








3 comments:
You are on top of it that this is already blogged! So fun to read! Thanks for helping entertain Hayley.
Yay!!! So Beautiful!! Happy Belated Birthday, by the way! I promise not to pee on you!!
What fun! Your boys are dang cute. What a nice place to be.
Post a Comment