Oh the internet.... In an effort to be a better wife/ mother, I am attempting to be "frugal"...
We will see how this works out...
Anyway; yada, yada, yada I spent 6 hours today looking up every feasible website invented to make my life easier/ save me money. A lot of them were just crap. A lot of them were too hard to navigate. Most did not actually offer any helpful coupons, and the ones designed to offer money saving tips/ good mommy ideas- were just plain stupid. (I don't need step by step instructions on how to change a diaper/ or navigate a supermarket, thank you!!)
And, after all my valuable time, I did find a few amazing deals and fun stuff.
Now, because I care... I thought I would share the best sites.
ENJOY!!
I went to 41 coupon sites. Most wanted money from you, to help you save money??? hmmmm.... Um, NO!
Some wanted you to sign up for a bunch of crap, some had NO helpful coupons.
BUT...
coupons.com was by far my favorite. I was offered hundreds of printable coupons! It was easy to select the ones I wanted, hit print, and now grocery shopping this week should be cheaper!
smartsource.com was similar.
shoplocal.com allows you to see all the ads for your area (good if you don't get the Sunday paper) However, it's easy to get distracted on this site by uselessness...
thecouponclippers.com one of the nations largest online grocery coupon clipping services, has more than a million national-brand and restaurant coupons at any given time. You can order coupons and for a small fee of a few cents per coupon, have them mailed to you. (a $1 coupon for coca-cola for 20 cents, ect...)
I am mixed about this one, because some of the coupons were REALLY good. like $4 dollars off a pack of Mark's favorite razors, and lots of baby coupons. The site was also very user friendly. But this is one of those that make you pay....
Now for my favorite find of the day...
paperbackswap.com
LOVE IT! Join the club online. Easy and FREE. post the books you want to share, Then find a book you want, just click the "Order this book" button. The books you receive are free and yours to keep. When another member requests one of your books, you accept the request and pay the postage to mail the book; they return the favor when they mail a book to you. Print mailing labels right from the website. (Typically, the postage is $2.23 to send a book) Credits are the unit of exchange. When your book is received you get a credit, which you can then use to order another book for yourself.
This was fun and easy, and there are a ton of books. Website is similar to Amazon with book descriptions and reviews. So much fun to navigate and play on this site. What a great idea!
starfall.com I've talked about this one before. Fun and FREE! For kids. Helps them learn letters and learn to read. We've been using this site for years. Peyton knew his alaphabet at 2, because of this site.
I am not a saver, and I do not spend time thinking of ways to save money. I think of ways to spend it...
But, dang-it-all! Kids are expensive! Diapers, formula, baby food, preschool.... I had to do something!
So, I hope my sharing will help you!
P.S. It was near impossible for me to find formula/ baby food coupons! If anyone knows how to score Enfamil coupons- let me know!
I currently signed up for "Enfamil family beginings" under like- 4 names to get them to mail me some...
Is it just me, or do they send you tons of coupons when your baby is brand new and you are determined to breast feed for a year.... Then they expire, so you throw them away. Then (for me) reality hits, I decide I want my boobs back by around 9 months and go to bottles. BUT, by then the coupon train has run dry...
So, I re-signed up giving Ryker a new B-day.... (I may go to hell, but so are the formula makers for charging me more than a car payment every month to feed my kid!!!)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That is so true about formula. I'm worried about it already, because I know I won't last a year this time!
The book swap sounds cool. Right up my alley. Thanks Kim!
Hey, I've got some Enfamil coupons for you! I will bring them when we come for Thanksgiving. Great tips on the websites!
Post a Comment