Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Notes on life

Note to the pregnant woman: who has PLANNED a natural childbirth... Go to Lamaze classes. Your labor nurse does not like to be clawed, grabbed, kicked, scratched and called dirty names. If my memory serves me right, I did not get you pregnant. I am also NOT the cause of all your pain. And at no time, did I force you to NOT have an epidural. The Anesthetist is right outside... trust me, he can make this go away...

Note to the Doctor: who says he is waiting on ME!!! Really, cause I don't think so... and quite honestly, I don't care. Your schedule means nothing to me, and I don't care if YOU get lunch.

Note to self: 1 glass of Diet Dr Pepper does not 3 meals make when you are working a 12 hour shift.

Note to crazy lady who has not had any pre-natal care, and refuses all treatment... Deliver at home, leave me alone.

Note to Doctor: I showered this morning thanks, but yes, that placenta does look good on my shoes.

Note to crazy family member/ mother: No I will not shove that boy back up there until it comes out a girl... that had nothing to do with me, and I don't think it will work anyway.

6 comments:

Katie said...

You're hysterical...that is as "funny". :)

Katie said...

Let me try that again: You're hysterical...that is as IN "funny". :)

~*~toni~*~ said...

Oh Kim.....sounds like you had another lovely day at work! So sorry.....next time.....have more than a Dr, Pepper, you're gonna fall out! I'd hate to see that happen to you! You're a hard-workin', wonderful nurse!!!!

~*~toni~*~ said...

Oh....and if I'm off....call me I'll bring you food. You need to keep your strength up to keep up with your handsome men!

Bryson said...

i enjoyed that post very much

Heather B said...

Hoping kicking and screaming and yelling in general during labor are okay. I didn't wound anyone, but there was definitely screaming and yelling.