It has been a very exciting and difficult week for our family. the weekend began with lots of contractions that turned into the real deal early Monday morning. Labor!!! the second time is definitely easier on the mom, however Ryker came 4 weeks early and although he weighed in at 6 lbs 10 oz, 19 1/2 inches long; he had a difficult start and was life flighted from Lakeview to the University Hospital. My sweet baby was put on a ventilator and IV antibiotics the first night, but he has quickly come around and is now breathing on his own, although he still has a nasal cannula in his nose giving him a 1/2 liter of oxygen. he looks so big and healthy to me in his warmer next to the really premie babies in their isoletes next to him, but he is still sick himself and will most likely be in the hospital another week! I did get to nurse and hold him today which is a huge step. Mark and I hope to have our little love home by Christmas, but we will have to wait and see..... Mark and I are so grateful to our family and friends who have helped us so much with watching Peyton and this difficult transition, it's been really hard for me to leave Peyton all the time to go see Ryker, I love both my sons so much, (I really want them in the same room and the same time.) Mark has also been a real rock for me as I am a huge emotional wreck!! My milk came in today... Ouch!

Ryker just after he was born, He came 4 weeks early, but a fun surprise... he was born on his Grandpa Bachman's birthday December 15. So we named him Ryker (Robert) Taggart after his grandpa!

This is Ryker early Tuesday morning at just 12 hours old, he has a ventilator breathing for him and he is under billi lights becasue of jaundice.

This is yesterday 12/17. he is trying to open his eyes.... just the nasal cannula for oxygen and and iv in his foot... doing much better!
Keep praying for us! we love you!
7 comments:
ADORABLE!!!! (Sorry about the OUCH!...lol)! I know I will continue to pray for you, mine friend! (And I DO pray)!!! I hope you can catch some rest somewhere!! I know that's hard!!XOXOXO!!!!!!!
CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sorry he's had a rough start. Maddie had to get transferred after she was born, and spent about 5 days in the NICU. Hardest days of my life! So I'm sorry you're going through that. He is adorable though and I hope you get to spend Christmas together as one big happy family! I love his name!
He's looking so good! Hayley asked today when she could see your baby. I don't think she believes me when I tell her Ryker is out of your tummy now. :)
Mark and Kim,
We are praying the Ryker is home for Christmas. He is so cute! We are very happy for you and hope that Ryker continues to do well. Know you are in our prayers.
Jennifer, Peter and Dakota
Kim I am so sorry for all that you guys have been through, Melissa told me what happened. I'm glad to hear he's doing a little better. I will keep you in my prayers! He is such a cutie, he looks like Payton and I love the name you picked! Let me know if I can help with anything, I can take Payton anytime.
Kim
What a cutie! I am so glad that he is getting better! I love being able to see him and his updates on here, keep it up! Everyone is asking about him (and you!)we miss you already!
love Cami
He is absolutely adorable! I am glad he is doing better. It was really good talking to you the other day. I miss ya! Good luck with everything! I hope you have him home for Christmas! Call me if you need help watching Peyton, I am just 5 minutes away, really. Love ya!
Post a Comment