Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peyton turns 4

I'm quite behind on the blogging- I know.
We've been so busy with everyday life...

I wanted to share some of the fun from Peyton's awesome birthday party!
We went to Boondocks- mostly for convenience and fun, but it also turned out to be pretty affordable!
I didn't know I was starting a "cool creative cake" tradition when I made Peyton's first fun birthday cake, but apparently, that's what I did. Peyton was very excited about choosing his cake and helping mom decorate it. This year it was all about the "Rocket ships!"
After I had finished the cake, I was still looking at it critically and scowling- wanting to make it better... Peyton grabbed my hands and said "Mom, just stop! It's awesome!!"
So with that- who cares if it was really perfect- it was perfect to Peyton!






In an effort to make my life more difficult (but fun) I made every guest an "I'm a blast!" t-shirt and wrist bands!







Now, I know I'm partial because I'm his mother... but Peyton is truly the sweetest boy ever! All he wanted was to be with his friends, he was amazingly gracious and thankful, and by the end of the day- Mark and I were so overwhelmed with how amazing our 4 year old is! No tantrums, no crying- just pure joy at how awesome his birthday was!
And, at the end of the day, he said " Mom, next time it's Ryker's turn for a birthday!"
Ooooh, I just love this kid!


Peyton's gift from Mom and Dad was this amazing Wal-mart find- Rocket ship bike (did I stick with a theme or what!!?)

Peyton has been riding his bike non-stop!

We also got to bring cupcakes to Peyton's Preschool to celebrate his birthday- So I thought I would include a pic of how cute these little bugs turned out!
Again, Peyton got to choose! And he wanted bugs... so bugs is what he got!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie said...

AND what an incredible party it was! Peyton's cousin friends had the time of their lives! Thanks for the INCREDIBLE gift bags and for sending us pics in the mail. Zekie was inspired and is already planning his birthday at Boondocks in October!

Katie said...

ISAAC said...

kkzzkaxajxks hsjcjhhhbdcqh gjnnbxsnbbb

translation: I really liked the car game and bowling!

Melissa said...

Way fun party and sweet bike deal:)