Saturday, February 27, 2010

Peyton funnies

So Peyton is in the hospital- more on that later... I just thought I should share some of the funny things he has been saying!

I should note that Peyton is OCD and also extremely obedient. When told to hold still he will. He has now been through 3 IV s, and held perfectly still for each one (just a few tears) He also thanks everyone who comes into his room :) Super cute.

So a nurse comes in and says "Peyton, I m going to give the straw in your arm a little drink."
Peyton responds "what?"
the nurse holds up a saline flush and Peyton says-
"Oh, you re going to flush my IV?"

He know too much...

He also knows to push his call light and he asked the nurse who came to check on him- "Will you check my temperature? I think
it s going up..."
To which she laughed!

Silly boy!

Peyton has also learned the name of his medications and will ask for them by name.
"I think it s time for more Toradol..."

It was recently time for more lab work and the nurse came in to draw his blood, Peyton started to cry and said "No, no nurses! I don t like nurses! Go away if you re a nurse!!"

(Thanks son... You know mom is a nurse- right??)

It has now officially been 7 days since Peyton has eaten anything. Every time the doctors come to check on him and ask if he needs something he asks for a donut!
To which the response is always "no."
After the last time, Peyton responded- "is that because I m NPO?"

Actually, it is.....

So there is a dose of cuteness courtesy of Peyton! Hopefully he feels better soon! And then maybe he can have that donut...

2 comments:

Murray Family said...

Haha, what a cutie! But that's sad he's in the hospital! What's wrong?!

Callie said...

LOL, he is so sweet! I hope he feels better soon! I'm so sorry, you guys have had a bad 2 weeks!